Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Time Flies When in Love and in Medical School

Hailey and I have officially been married for over two years. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past Saturday and Sunday. We were married August 24, 2012 in the Provo Temple.  As medical school has begun, Hailey and I have had a lot of time apart and a lot of time with friends.  We spend 90 minutes together in the evening to eat and put Olive to bed then I don't come home until it's time for bed. This has been a huge adjustment compared to our adventures this past summer. We didn't realize how much we missed each other until we were able to go on a date with just the two of us. Saturday night we planned to go out to eat at Olive Garden and then go bowling.  The night turned out to be just us eating and talking.  We love to talk. I don't know if our friends and family realize this! Haha. Anyways I just love my Hailey! She is so fun to be around!
So we got home around eight and put Olive to bed.  We stayed up watching Parks and Rec and then went to bed.  We woke up for church at 7:30 a.m. and Hailey said, "Let's go to Mt. Rainier." When she said it I felt like we needed to take this time to go on one more weekend adventure before things got too crazy.  The next few weekends will be nuts.  This weekend I will be studying non-stop for our first test block, the following weekend Hailey leaves for Utah, the weekend after that is Katee's wedding, and after that we will be getting close to another test block.  So yeah I will miss church one Sunday to keep my marriage strong and have a fun time.  Don't judge us because we sin different from you.  But we probably should have at least gone to sacrament. Haha.
Mount Rainier was amazing. The views were incredible. From Yakima the drive to Mt. Rainier is an hour and forty minutes. We arrived at the park and did a small hike called Myrtle Falls and then took a detour to get some better views of the mountain.  Then we went on another hike called the Grove of the Patriarchs.  This post is short but here are pictures of our adventure. I love my girls!







No comments:

Post a Comment