Thursday, August 7, 2014

Post High + Undergrad

After I graduated from high school, I decided to continue my passion for baseball and went to play at the College of Eastern Utah. I play for one year, then left on an LDS mission. I served my mission in New Jersey and learned to speak Spanish. After returning from my mission, I attended my second year at the College of Eastern Utah. After tearing my lateral meniscus, ending my baseball career, and receiving my Associates of Science, I transferred to Utah State University. From there I decided to study international business and economics. My hopes for this degree was to understand how the business world, private business, and the medical field function. I was sorely disappointed as I only learned basic business world knowledge and how it functions in general. The greatest asset I acquired in my undergraduate degree was the ability to manage, cooperate, and work with people of diverse backgrounds. I also gained a passion to study abroad. During my time at Utah State, I also continued to develop my love for science through my pre-med prereqs. I graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelors in international business , a Bachelors in economics, and I minor in chemistry. I graduated in December 2013. 
Now I would be selfish if I didn't mention how, when, and where I met my wife, Hailey! She has been as much a part of my journey as I have. I began working as a CNA during my second year at the College of Eastern Utah. When I transferred to Logan, Utah, I continued working as a CNA in an assisted living home. I met my wife working as a CNA in Logan.  We were wiping bums, transferring patients, and giving bed baths together for over four months before I got the nerve to ask her on our first date, which by the way was to my fraternity's white trash dance party. The theme was white trash. We had a blast and ended up talking about some pretty deep stuff while there was Lil Jon playing in the background. We also drew figures on our arms with highlighters because we were sitting under black lights. How romantic! Anyways, long story short from that day on we pretty much spent every day together for seven months. Then we got engaged. And then we got married, typical Mormon style. We have been happy ever since, minus the stress of getting into medical school! Which will be my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment